Enabling Manager Alliance Overview
The Auckland Civils Alliance Programme has been established to enable HLC to increase the supply of social, affordable and market housing in Auckland and to redevelop existing State Housing Areas in Northcote, Mount Roskill, Mangere, Oranga and other nominated precincts.
The Piritahi Alliance’s role includes planning, consenting, design, consultation and construction of land development works in a collaborative manner. The Piritahi Alliance has been established to foster long-term collaborative relationships with partners that are committed to delivering the Programme’s outcomes in collaborative, innovative and effective ways.
The Enabling Manager reports to the Construction Manager.
Piritahi we have responsible for a number of KRA’s in addition to our responsibility for laying the groundwork at scale and pace. This includes a consideration for our environment – specifically, how we dispose of homes and materials from the sites we clear before we start groundwork. Our aim is to minimise that amount of material that ends up in landfill.
The Enabling Manager is responsible for overseeing our BAU delivery targets as well as working with our client, industry partners and other innovation bodies to seek out and explore alternative sustainable solutions for clearing homes in preparation for groundwork.
Success in the role depends on an ability to think outside the square, collaborate across multiple parties and influence for better outcomes.
Responsibilities and Duties
They do this by:
- Understanding and influencing the plan for removal of houses across all sites and effectively leading the Enabling coordinator to execute the plan
- Understand global and local innovations pertaining to the re-use and recycling of building materials and arranging for implementation of trials across our programme
- Managing relationships with our client and other stakeholders
- Managing a budget and set of financial requirements to deliver the programme on budget
- Managing contracts with all partners
- Consultation with designers, TOC team and constructors to achieve best for programme outcomes
- Building a network of suppliers and subcontractors with the aim of growing the capability and capacity of the industry with regards to sustainable disposal of homes
- Work with the Enabling Coordinator to identify and explore ideas to innovate and improve sustainable practices of clearing old homes for land development
This is measured by:
- Completing all works on time and to budget across BAU and innovation
- Exceeding KPI’s for the relevant Piritahi KRA
- Ensuring compliance and buy in to all safety requirements so that everyone goes home safe
- Achievement of environmental requirements and targets especially regarding the management of hazardous substances
- Increase in the number of subcontractors and suppliers engaged in work with Piritahi
- The number of successfully implemented innovations that achieve breakthrough performance
Critical to success in this role
- A proven background in leadership in the building, land development, infrastructure, sustainability or innovation industries
- Relevant construction, innovation, environmental or sustainability qualification
- An understanding of sustainability and environmental activity in the land development, building or infrastructure industries
- Outstanding leadership skills:
- Technical Expert - In order to set stretch but reasonable goals and standards; coach and advise their team; and problem solve
- Team Building – Skilled at getting the best out of people, building a culture of high engagement and managing their resources effectively
- Collaboration and influence – Skilled at bringing people together (in own team and across teams) to share ownership of decisions and buy-in to agree approaches. Can challenge effectively to raise the bar
- Driven, productive, results orientated – Will roll their own sleeves up to get things done and lead by example. Strikes the right balance between working on and in the business. Has clear plans/strategies and articulates them well.
As a member of the wider leadership group, it is expected that the Enabling Manager role model and champion our values, vision and purpose:
Our Vision and Purpose
To change the way people live by delivering groundwork at scale and pace